Monday, April 27, 2015

26 Weeks Pregnant



I was 26 weeks pregnant on April 20th. 1 more week until we hit 3rd trimester!

According to thebump.com, the Traffic Cone is the size of a head of lettuce. 

The Baby

Her eyes are forming and will open soon, and she has eyelashes.

Her immune system is getting ready by soaking up antibodies. 

She is practicing breathing, even if it is just amniotic fluid. 

She is growing a lot, around 14 in and 2 lbs. She is developing her senses as well. 

The Mama

I am experiencing a lot of sleepless night due to the back pain. I have a chiropractic appointment on the 27th so I'm hoping that will help some.

Displaying IMG_20150421_175142.pngOn Wednesday I had a a lot of swelling, and it caused me a lot of pain in my calves, feet, hands and forearms, to the point that I couldn't sleep at all and it continued into Thursday. I called the birth center and they said I should not be feeling like this at this point. The school nurse took my BP and it was fine, so they said I need to stay off my feet. Not the easiest thing to do as a teacher. My body feels very achy, tired and tight all the time. I've tried baths which help while I'm in them, but when I get out it's like I never took one. 

I think I have had few braxton hicks contractions this week, but I can't be sure, because I'm not sure what they are supposed to feel like. 

She is still moving a lot, which I love. Her kicks are really strong, and I can feel them on my legs when I am curled in a ball. Bobby still hasn't felt her yet but he likes to listen to her swim around in the amniotic fluid. He said it sounds like I drank a lot of water and is sloshing around in my stomach. I've never heard anybody talking about that they like to listen to the baby move around, but I thought it was cool, especially since he hasn't felt her move yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! (Please be patient as I moderate your comment).