Monday, August 17, 2015

40 Weeks Pregnant and Midwife Appointment!



I was 40 weeks pregnant on July 27th.

According to thebump.com, the Traffic Cone is the size of jackfruit.

The Baby

She is continuing to grow hair and nails.

Her lungs are continuing to develop as well. 

She has really picked up her movements again.

The Mama

We have made it to our due date/week!

I am so ready for this baby to be here. The car seat has been installed and the nursery is finished, the bags are packed. The back aches and lack of sleep have come back. I am pretty fatigued most of the time. The 26th was a weird day for me. I was exhausted and didn't feel right all day but I was fine again on Monday. I still have a lot of pressure when I stand up, I just wish it was a sign.

I also wish I could turn off my phone to everyone but Bobby. I know everyone has good intentions, but constantly reminding me that I am still pregnant does not help me. Why would you not know if I had the baby? We aren't planning on telling people when we go into labor anyways. The natural birth that we are planning and wanting cannot take the constant calls/texts while I'm dealing with contractions. Plus, we want our bonding time with her when she gets here before we let people know and are bombarded with phone calls.

We aren't doing this to keep people from her, but she won't be going anywhere so we are going to keep her to ourselves the first few hours after she is born before we let family and friends see her.

The Midwife Appointment

At this appointment they did a non-stress test and the baby looked great! The sonogram was good was well, except my placenta had grade 2 calcifications which meant it was getting old. It estimates that she weights 7lbs 14oz, but they are always off by a pound or so. She is also posterior, which means she is facing the wrong way, she can be born this way, it is just harder on both her and I. I have a feeling she has been this way for a while, why they are just now telling me though is a little frustrating.

Then it came time for the blood pressure and it was high so they sent us back to the hospital for observation, labs and to turn in my 24 hour urine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! (Please be patient as I moderate your comment).