Monday, July 27, 2015

39 Weeks Pregnant and Midwife Appointment!



I was 39 weeks pregnant on July 20th.

According to thebump.com, the Traffic Cone is the size of a watermelon.

The Baby

She is able to flex her limbs now and she is getting smarter by the week.

Her nails may extend past her fingertips. If they grow like her dads I can guarantee that they are long. 

She is probably around 8 lbs and around 20 in long. 

She is still moving all the time and the movements are very very strong. She also gets the hiccups 3-5 times a day. 

The Mama

Monday - Wednesday: After being in the hospital last weekend I am more than ready to have this baby. I am ready to stop worrying about my blood pressure and having to collect my pee. Hopefully we don't have more than 2 weeks to go and she will be here by 41 weeks. 

I am not really having a lot of symptoms of labor, just a few and none of them are the big ones such as major contractions, bloody show or mucus plug. I still have pressure when I stand, but it eases once I start to move around. I have had some off and on cramping through out the day and night since Monday, so I hope I have dilated and effaced some. Hopefully I will get more information tomorrow at my appointment. Bobby is pretty sure they won't let me go to much past my due date because of the blood pressure issues and the higher chance of getting preeclampsia. As much as I don't want to be induced, I would rather be induced then develop preeclampsia. They say they can do an induction that lasts as long as needed as long as I don't get severe preeclampsia. I am so over being pregnant and so ready to meet her that I don't know that I would mind the induction, but I'm still nervous it wouldn't work and I would wind up with a c-section, which I do not want. 

My nesting urge is gone and I am completely exhausted. In the last 36 or so hours I have slept 23 of them and I will probably take a nap today as well. Part of it is being exhausted from the hospital but I don't know where the other part is coming from.

Wednesday night I all of a sudden got the urge to finish all of my nursery projects and from 8 pm to 12:30 am I made curtains, a pillow and covered a diaper and wipes box with fabric. As soon as Bobby hangs the curtains and last few pictures the nursery will be officially done.

Thursday - The contractions I was feeling are completely gone today. My sisters and mom came over today and we went to lunch and get pedicures. I definitely didn't drink enough water yesterday
because my legs hurt today.

The rest of the weekend was pretty uneventful, we just hung out and didn't do much. I started my 24 hour urine on Sunday morning and I'm hoping that is the last one I have to do.

The Midwife Appointment

The baby is in optimal birthing position and her heart rate is great. 

My blood pressure was lower than last week, but to be on the safe side they took more labs and I have to do a 24 hour urine from home starting on Sunday. She said she isn't really worried at this point though. She also gave the go ahead to start some natural induction stuff such as walking at night once it cools down. 

My next appointment will be our due date the 27th and I will turn in my urine. They are also going to do a sonogram to check fluid levels and the placenta. 

Overall she says I'm still good and there is no reason to worry; a birth center delivery is still in our future. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! (Please be patient as I moderate your comment).