Monday, July 6, 2015

36 Weeks Pregnant and Midwife Appointment!



I was 36 weeks pregnant on June 29th.

According the thebump.com, the Traffic Cone is the size of a Honeydew Melon.

The Baby

She is getting closer and closer to be able to breathe on her own. 

Her skin is getting smooth and soft and her gums are getting rigid.

Her liver and kidneys are in working order and her circulations and immune systems are good to go as well. 

She is still around 18 in long and around 5lbs. 
She still moves all of the time, her most active time is normally between 7 pm and 11 pm. We celebrated the 4th of July this week and she didn't move at all from about 5 pm until 9 pm and that made me really nervous. We think it was just because my schedule had changed and it was very loud. We were at my moms house because she was having a 4th of July lake party and so I swam, and we played games and there were a lot of people there, so it wasn't the normal just Bobby and I eat dinner and hang out time that normally occurs in the evenings. She started moving again after we left and it was just us. 

The Mama

I had another evening of Braxton Hicks this weeks and I have trouble sleeping unless I am 100% exhausted, for example the 4th of July was exhausting, not only did I sleep the whole night, I slept until 10am and then took a nap and was still exhausted by the end of the day on the 5th. The heat really takes a lot out of me. 

The nursery is almost done, Bobby is putting the crib together as I type and I have almost all my little projects done. We finally got everything we need such as a car seat and stroller, etc. I can finally start to pack a bag and all the last minute things that need to get done.

We still haven't picked a pediatrician but that is on my to do list for this up coming week. Bobby's insurance made the transition on the 1st and it has been a nightmare so trying to figure out who is covered has been an ordeal. not to mention the fact that the Birth Center isn't covered in the same way so we may be delivering at the hospital instead. That will be determined on Tuesday of next week. 

My blood pressure at home has still been fine, but high at my appointments. I haven't had any swelling except for the 4th of July due to the heat and being on them a lot. I have been drinking a lot of water and keeping them up when I can though, so not much I can do about it. 

The Midwife Appointment

They did the Group B Strep test, but I haven't received the results yet, I'm hoping they are negative because then I won't have to have antibiotics during labor which means I won't have to have a Hep Lock IV. 

Her heartbeat was 152 which is great, she was measuring right at 36 weeks and her head is down. 

My blood pressure was high of course 130/90 but it hasn't been high at home. I see a different midwife every visit and this one seemed worried but the one I've been seeing in the past hasn't been, but it has really made me confused. I am hoping to clear the confusion up at the appointment next week. 

We talked about our birth plan and I will do a post about that soon. 

Displaying IMG_20150629_115648.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! (Please be patient as I moderate your comment).