Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Babymoon: Lake Whitney

The weekend of June 26th Bobby and I went on a short weekend babymoon to Lake Whitney.

It was a very relaxing get away and I am so glad we got to do it before the baby gets here.

The place we stayed at was right on the lake, and there was only 1 other couple on the property the whole weekend so we basically had the place to ourselves.

We left around 1 pm on Friday and went had lunch at Whataburger, a current pregnancy craving, and Bobby's normal Friday lunch place since he works a half day.

We then started the drive to Lake Whitney. We did have to stop along the way and get Bobby's fishing license and fishing equipment.

We got to the lake around 3:30 or so and got checked in and unloaded. They have peacocks that roam the property and we got to feed them, they hung around us a lot.











The baby one was my favorite she was so cute, but the grown peacocks would always steal the crackers from her so she didn't get much of them. 

Friday night we went to this small cafe place and they had Texas cornbread.


Bobby was really excited about getting to go fishing...


...but the water was so high that that was pretty much impossible. 


This was the view from our cabin. We spent Saturday just relaxing. Reading, swimming in the pool and feeding the peacocks. The only down side was the first night a really bad storm rolled in and we lost power for most of the night, it got really hot in our cabin and since I already get hot so much easier with being pregnant I was pretty miserable, but the rest of the weekend was great! I thought the heat might bother me since I was 36 weeks, but there was an awesome breeze so it was actually just right. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! (Please be patient as I moderate your comment).