Monday, July 13, 2015

37 Weeks Pregnant and Midwife Appointment!



I was 37 weeks pregnant on July 6th.

According to thebump.com the Traffic Cone is the size of a winter melon.

The Baby

She is practicing some skills: inhaling, exhaling, sucking, gripping and blinking. 

She is also getting ready for her first dirty diaper, hopefully she will hold off on that until she is born. 

She measures around 19 inches and is probably around 6 to 7 pounds. 

She still moves all the time, but has been more active during the afternoon instead of the evening. 

The Mama

They say the urge to nest is supposed to kick in this week, but it hasn't yet for me. I have a lot of increased pressure in my abdomen, especially when I get up from sitting or lying, and I have to pee all the time, about every 30 or 45 min, sometimes less. I am hoping this means she has dropped, but she still looks like she is in her normal spot. 

I have been drinking a ton of water but still seem to always be thirsty. I drink over 120 oz a day, but it doesn't seem to matter. I was having trouble sleeping, but that seems to have gone away and I've been sleeping pretty great, besides having to go to the bathroom all the time. 

I did test positive for Group B Strep so I will have to have antibiotics while in labor, which means a Hep-Lock IV. I have started eating yogurt with probiotics to help as well. 

I am definitely in the 'over being pregnant' phase. I am tired, hot and huge and ready for her to be here. It would be lovely if she would make her appearance during week 39! I do have a few things to get done over the next week and a half or so, such as the nursery, VBS, my classroom, but after that she can show up anytime!

I still need my naps during the afternoon, I get a lot more done when I get them in then when I don't. My chiropractor visits have gone from twice a week to once, which has been nice. Overall I'm not feeling bad at all, just tired. 

Last week Bobby's company switched insurances and that has been the biggest ordeal ever, but I did get my breast pump ordered and they covered it 100%. It isn't the exact one that I wanted but it is still a good one and you can't beat free!

She dropped after I started taking the Evening Primrose Oil, but I still haven't had any Braxton Hicks contractions. All the extra leg room has given her a lot of leg exercise. I love all the little movements even if they tend to keep me up at night.

I started feeling nauseous on Thursday night and during most of the day on Friday. I'm wondering if it had to do with my chiropractor appointment that I had on Thursday morning. Here it is Saturday morning and I'm still not feeling all that great and I've had several headaches and during Friday morning my calves felt like I had been on them for 24 hours straight the day before. My blood pressure has still been fine though, so I'm not really worried, just ready to feel better, but I think that probably won't come until after she gets here. 

The Midwife Appointment

My blood pressure has been fine at home, but was still a little high at the appointment. She said since it is randomly high and not consistently high that she isn't worried. I am taking magnesium and calcium supplements to help keep it low though. 

The baby's heart rate was 156, and she is still head down. I am measuring 38 weeks instead of 37, but overall she is healthy. 

I haven't had a lot of Braxton Hicks, so in order to help soften my cervix I am now taking Evening Primrose Oil twice a day and drinking Red Raspberry Leaf Tea. 

The insurance switch has really thrown some kinks in our plans and we are now not sure if we will be delivering at the birth center or the hospital that the midwives practice at. We are hoping to have all our answers next week before she gets here. 

Overall everything is going well, and we are just counting down the days until she arrives!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! (Please be patient as I moderate your comment).