Thursday, May 30, 2013

2 Hour Newborn Crochet Hat Pattern


My nephew was born on April 23, 2013. He arrived in the world at 2:57 p.m. I arrived at the hospital at 11:30 a.m. My wonderful sister-in-law had a beautiful baby boy, Carlos Jaxon aka CJ. I made sure to bring something to do to pass the time while we waited for him to arrive. I brought my crochet stuff and decided to make him a hat. Somehow I had brought yarn that matched his going home outfit, so it worked out really well.
This is the pattern I used.
Round 1: With color 1, ch 4, 8 dc in fourth ch from hook (3 skipped chs counts as first dc); join with slip st to first dc: 9 dc
Round 2: Ch 3 (counts as first dc now and for the rest of pattern), dc in same st, 2 dc in next dc and in each dc around; join with slip st to first dc: 18 dc
Round 3: Ch 3, dc in same st and in next dc, *2 dc in next dc, dc in next dc* around; join with slip st to first dc: 27 dc
Round 4: Ch 3, dc in same st and in next 2 dc, *2 dc in next dc, dc in next 2 dc* around; join with slip st to first dc: 36 dc
Round 5: Ch 3, dc in same st and in next 3 dc, *2 dc in next dc, dc in next 3 dc* around; join with slip st to first dc: 45 dc
Round 6 – 9: Ch 3, dc in next dc and in each dc around; join with slip st to first dc; finish off
Round 10: Join color 2 with sc in same st as joining; sc in next dc and in each dc around; join with skip st to first sc
Round 11-12: Ch 1, sc in same st and in each sc around; join with slip st to first sc; finish off
Round 13: With color 1 join with sc in same st as joining; sc in next sc and in sc around; join with slip st to first sc; finish off.
It was a little big, but he will grow into it fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! (Please be patient as I moderate your comment).