Monday, February 23, 2015

17 Weeks Pregnant!

I was 17 weeks pregnant on February 16th. According to thebump.com, our little Traffic Cone is the size of an onion.

The Baby

The baby's cartilage is turning to bone and the fat is coming in. The umbilical cord is now stronger too.

The baby is 5.1 inches long and weights 5.9 oz.

Me

We decided that we are going to take the Birth Boot Camp class that our birthing center suggested, but trying to decided when to take it has been a little bit of a challenge.

I'm trying to decided if I want to use a Doula as well. I never really imagined using one, but our midwives keep telling us we should and pushing for it. I found one who is reasonable priced, but I'm still not sure.

My stomach and breasts have started itching this week, I just keep lathering on the lotion and trying not to scratch. Still having trouble sleeping without Unisom and the lower back pain is still there. Anytime Bobby tries to massage my lower back, it is so tender that I can't stand it.

I still haven't gained any weight, but I'm sure that will change soon.

The weird dreams are in full swing. The other night before we went to visit my in-laws, I had a dream that my mother-in-law took the guest bathroom toilet to a professional toilet cleaner because we were coming to visit and I was pregnant. She didn't have the toilet cleaner come to house to clean it, no, she took the toilet to the cleaner. That is definitely my weirdest dream yet!

I can feel more movement this week, but only when I am laying or sitting still. The other night and the most distinct movement as of yet. I felt the baby do a flip! I am really ready for Bobby to be able to feel, we have tried a couple of times, but we just aren't there yet.


Well, there is week 17!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! (Please be patient as I moderate your comment).