Monday, March 9, 2015

19 Weeks Pregnant!



According to thebump.com, the Traffic Cone is the size of a Mango. Fun fact, I craved these like crazy during the beginning of my pregnancy. 

The Baby

The baby is developing the protective coating over its skin called vernix caseosa. It is the greasy white stuff you see after birth (we are hoping to skip this part of birth since we are hoping for a water birth). The baby is working on its five senses, as the nerve cells begin to develop in the brain. 
The baby is about 6.0 inches in length and 8.5 oz. We have our anatomy scan next week, where we will find out the gender, but more importantly make sure the baby is 100% healthy. 

The Mama

I feel some round ligament pain, but not a lot. Apparently it is more painful in second and third pregnancies than in first. My hands tend to fall asleep randomly. Especially if I wake up on my back, but the other day I was on Pinterest and all of sudden my right hand was asleep, with no warning. 

The lower back still hurts, but I have gotten pretty used it. It has stopped keeping me up at night and I am still off Unisom. Before you get pregnant you hear all these great things about Pre-Natal Vitamins and how they make your hair and nails stronger, well, I'm calling it! We are almost half way through the pregnancy and the only thing that has gotten stronger are my toe nails. The finger nails are just as brittle and I actually feel like I am losing more hair, if that is even possible, since I shed like a dog before getting pregnant. 

Still not feeling any significant kicks or punches yet, they still feel like muscle spasms and you can't feel anything from the outside. The most significant thing I have felt is the flip from a few weeks ago. 

My stomach still hasn't popped yet, the top half has but the bottom half hasn't. The other day I felt like I actually looked pregnant so I took my first bump picture at 19 weeks 1 day. Please excuse the mess as this was the end of the day after teaching for 8 hours. 
Displaying 20150303_200512.jpg

I am really looking forward to the anatomy scan and being able to actually start planning things, like the nursery and being able to start crocheting blankets and hats. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! (Please be patient as I moderate your comment).