Monday, May 4, 2015

27 Weeks Pregnant



I was 27 weeks pregnant on April 17th. We are officially in the 3rd trimester and exactly 3 months from our due date.

According to thebump.com, the traffic cone is the size of a rutabaga.

The Baby

She is practicing breathing, and her lungs are developing fast. 

Her brain is showing activity and will keep getting more advanced. 

She is around 14 in in length and around 2 lbs, but is growing every day.

The Mama

My feet are officially swollen and I'm pretty much down to flip flops, good thing it is about to be summer. I am trying to stay really hydrated to keep from being in pain like I was last week, but I am finding it hard when I am at work. When I sit down, I notice that my left pinking and ring finger go numb, and it doesn't seem to matter how I sit. 

Apparently a symptom of the 3rd trimester is "snissing," which is when you pee while you sneeze. I haven't experienced this yet, and I hope this is a symptom I avoid. She does love to kick and bounce on my bladder, her personal trampoline, so I do find myself being fine one second and then running for the bathroom the next. 

I saw the chiropractor on the 27th, which helped a lot, but she said I would be sore. Here it is two days later and I am definitely sore. Apparently, I was all out of whack, from the neck down.  She said it probably has to do with the fact that I fell and hurt my tailbone about a year ago. She said to go every two weeks so I can stay aligned, otherwise the delivery could be way more difficult than needed. Needless to say, I will be going every two weeks from here on out. My back started hurting again about 5 or 6 days after my appointment, so I'm assuming things are moving back to where they were before. 

I finally started to go through all the baby stuff we were given from family members from my niece, and, boy will our little girl be set on clothes. It is a lot to go through though, so I have only gotten through about half of it. Luckily they were/will both (be) born in the summer, or the sizes and seasons would be all wrong. Although, with our baby's legs, long like her daddy's, I'm not sure a lot of the pants will fit for long, if at all. 

I am so glad we are in the final 3 months, I love feeling her kick, but I am really ready for her just to be here. Bobby finally felt her a few days ago and announced that she is now officially real, since he was able to feel her.  He still listens to her swim around as well.  

We start our 10 week birthing class on the 30th, but those will be posts all on their own. 

The countdown has begun. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! (Please be patient as I moderate your comment).