Monday, May 25, 2015

30 Weeks Pregnant and Midwife Appointment!



I was 30 weeks pregnant on May 18th.

According to thebump.com, the Traffic Cone is the size/length of a cucumber.

The Baby

Her skin is getting smoother and her brain is getting wrinklier to make way for brain tissue. 

She is now strong enough to grasp a finger!

She is around 16 in long and 3 lbs. I think she is probably longer than this though. 

She moves a lot, and really loves music although Bobby's music is her favorite. 

The Mama

I have had a little bit of heartburn, but nothing major. My feet have been swollen for about two weeks now, but no pain which is good. It is getting hard to roll over in bed, I can't imagine how much harder it will be in a few weeks. 

When I do my exercises or just walk down the long hall at school, I lose my breath very easily. I am not sleeping well at all, the early morning hours are the worst. It makes for exhausting days. 

Midwife Appointment

I had my midwife appointment on May 19th. 

Some of the things we talked about:

When can I get the Tdap vaccine?
Between 28 and 36 weeks, so Bobby and I are going to go when school gets out. 

Anemia/Glucose test results?
I am not anemic and my glucose test came back at an 88, and anything below 130 is good.

My blood pressure has been high my past two appointments, so I have to start monitoring it at home. I'm pretty convinced that it is because of school and just being exhausted all the time, so I'm hoping once school is out in a couple of weeks it will go down. I am hoping it doesn't lead to preclampsia because that would lead to induction and a birth experience we just do not want. There was also trace protein in my urine and my feet/fingers are swollen which are all symptoms of preclampsia. Prayers please in that department.

I have been monitoring my blood pressure at home and it has been fine, way lower than what it was at the birth center and in the normal range. My appointments are always within 30 minutes of school being out so I really think that has something to do with it.

I forgot to take a picture this week, but I don't think she has grown all that much compared to last week. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! (Please be patient as I moderate your comment).