Monday, May 11, 2015

28 Weeks Pregnant and Midwife Appointment


  

I was 28 weeks pregnant on May 4th.

According to thebump.com, the Traffic Cone is the size of an eggplant.

The Baby

She is starting to develop more fat, so her skin is getting smoother.

Her lungs are mature enough that she would probably survive if she was born, but would probably need the help of a machine. 

She weighs around 2 lbs and is around 14 in long. She is actually probably longer because of her legs. 

The Mama

Well, I still have a numbing sensation in my left hand and right thigh. My back aches and back pain are back, and I cannot wait for my chiropractor appointment on Monday. 

I'm having some trouble staying asleep and breathing is hard sometimes. I woke up Monday morning and felt like I had done a really intense inner thigh/groin workout the day before. I was so sore. Here it is Wednesday and I still have some soreness, although I didn't do anything that would cause that on Sunday.

Other than the list above I have felt pretty good. I have some slight heartburn every now and then, but apples seem to get rid of it pretty quickly.

I am still really tired by Fridays, but we only have 4 weeks of school left, so I'm counting down. This week will be the last Mother's Day that I won't celebrate as a mom.

I am having really weird dreams but I can never remember them. Bobby and I have been on Criminal Minds Netflix kick and one night I guess some of the episodes really got to me because I was already in bed and asleep when Bobby walked in to go to the bathroom and I literally jumped out of the bed. I think it was a combo of what I was dreaming/the show/a noise he made on his way in the room. I have been ok since then though.

I have been the worst housewife over the past few weeks. I am having a lot of trouble keeping up with the housework, even though I try to do a little bit each day, it doesn't take much for it to get away from me. Finally, on Sunday I had enough energy to clean and our house looks amazing! Now, I just need to keep it that way.

I started doing the exercises we learned at Birth Boot Camp: Class 2 this week. I'm am a little bit sore from them, but I was able to do them two out of the three days since we learned them. The squats are the hardest because of the balance issue. Having a basketball out in front of you makes it hard sometimes, so Bobby has to do them with me or I will fall over. 

We found a Doula! We love her, and have so much in common. She was born in a town about 20 minutes from where we grew up and is involved in her church worship band like Bobby and I were and is a strong Christian. We are excited to work with her!

The Midwife Appointment

This is the appointment where they tested for Gestational Diabetes. I had to drink the glucose drink, which was orange and tasted like Sunkist. It was a lot of sugar though so I felt sick for several hours afterward. They also tested for anemia, and we should get both of the results back in a couple days. 

I finally met the last midwife in the practice and she was great! My blood pressure was a little higher than normal, but still in a normal range. She had a hard time find the a baby's heartbeat because she was moving so much. She would find it and then immediately the baby would move and she would lose it, but she finally got it and it was in the 140s which is great. The baby has moved up, which explains why I have felt less movement lately. I really only feel it now if I have eaten recently, or when I am in bed. 

Everything is looking good and we are now on the every two week appointment schedule. 


I am really looking forward to next week, I have another Chiropractor appointment, we are finally getting our new couches that we ordered about a month ago and my first baby shower is Saturday! I am really looking forward to spending time with people over the age of 14!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! (Please be patient as I moderate your comment).