Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Pregnancy #2: The First Trimester

I decided to just do one big first trimester post instead of weekly posts. I will start weekly posts during the 2nd trimester.

3 Weeks 4 Days - August 27th
We found out 4 days earlier than expected, because I was folding laundry and just had a huge wave of nausea. I wouldn't have thought anything of it, except we were trying so I knew there was a possibility. I tested the next morning, Sunday, and it was positive. Very faint, but definitely positive.



4 Weeks - August 29th
This was a pretty good week with how I felt. Nausea off and on, but nothing major.






5 Weeks - September 5th
Still pretty good with how I felt. Nausea a little more severe, but not constant and no throwing up. My back started hurting while sleeping really bad. With Emma it didn't start hurting until closer to 24 weeks.








6 Weeks - September 12th
The nausea is starting to get bad. It is almost constant. The only thing that helps is food/carbs. I am craving sugar, I did not give in though. The headache is not worth it.






7 Weeks - September 19th
The nausea is pretty bad still, an all day thing. Still not throwing up. Very sore breasts. Major back ache. Some of my clothes are not fitting very well, but I know its just bloat. No weight gain yet.







8 Weeks - September 26th
Bad nausea still, a lot of bloat. The nausea gets worse at night, so between that and they exhaustion I am in bed around 8:00. Not sleeping well because of the back ache.





9 Weeks - October 3rd
We had our first midwife appointment this week and go to see the baby. Everything looked good. They did put me on low dose asprin to help prevent pre-eclampsia this time around. We are hoping with the 50lb weight loss, the healthy diet and the asprin I won't have the same issues. The nausea is still pretty bad. We went to a football game Friday night and I did not feel good at all. I also have started getting car sick. My Mom took Emma for the weekend and we went to Ikea, the car sickness was bad.



10 Weeks - October 10th
Still really nauseated. Food doesn't help much anymore. Nights are the worst which makes it hard to be a mom. The house is a wreck, but Bobby has really stepped up to get stuff done. I had one good day this week, but the rest were pretty bad.

11 Weeks - October 17thStill nauseated. I found that if I put my body pillow under my butt/hips while I sleep that helps eliminate a lot of the back ache. Emma has started waking up really early at the end of this week, which has not helped the exhaustion. I started taking 25mg of B6 3 times a day to help with the nausea. It hasn't helped yet so I am adding in Unisom and hoping that will help too. When you ask Emma if she wants a brother or a sister, she says she doesn't want a brother or a sister.  I felt movement this week, like the baby kicked off from one side and shot itself across to the other. 

12 Weeks - October 24thI started taking Unisom before bed this week and what a difference it made on day 1. Minimal morning sickness on that day. I had a lot more energy too! As the week went on the unisom and B6 combo helped a lot in the morning but the afternoons/evenings were still pretty rough. The weekend got a lot better on the nausea front, however my energy level is still really low. On days 7 of this week, my nausea is back, not as bad as it has been, but not as great as it was over the weekend. Really hoping we are almost over this part. The headaches started this week as well, which are normal, but I have not taken Tylenol since I am on low dose Asprin to help prevent preeclampsia, so it has been pretty hard to deal with them. 

13 Weeks - October 31st
This week started on Halloween day, which is a crazy day at work with students and a long night with trick or treating. The nausea finally started to let up this week, however I still have it from around 3 to 6 pm. The exhaustion is still sticking around as well. The bump showed up this week and a lot of my pants are starting to not fit most days. Still no weight gain which is good. Lots of movement this week, not major movement like at 11 weeks, but a lot of flutters and rolling especially at night. Looks like this baby will be keeping me up like Emma did.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! (Please be patient as I moderate your comment).