Sunday, March 8, 2015

18 Weeks Pregnant



According to thebump.com the Traffic Cone is as big (long) as a Sweet Potato.

The Baby

The baby is hiccuping, yawning, sucking and swallowing. It can also twist, roll, punch and kick. I totally believe this as I feel like I am a human punching bag at night and currently as I type this. 
The baby is about 5.6 inches long and about 6.7 oz and is growing rapidly (explains why I am so hungry all the time). 

The baby is working their muscles and practicing all kind of moves, like I said, human punching bag from the inside. 

The Mama

I can definitely feel movement, nothing super substantial yet, but it is always there when I am still. My lower back is still driving me crazy, it is just a dull ache 24/7. I can get to sleep fine with a pillow between my legs,but the pillow eventually drives me crazy and I kick that out and then back starts to hurt again. I am off Unisom as of this week though which is good.  

I am still really tired and in bed by 8 pm most nights. It makes it really hard to keep the house in order because when I get home from 8/9 hours of teaching the last thing I want to do is get the house in order. 

I will still throw up if I'm not eating enough/often enough. I am finding it hard to get the amount of water I need each day. I can't just go to the bathroom when I need to go since I teach, so I find myself not drinking during the work day so I won't have to go to the bathroom. The other day I held it for 6 hours, which I know is not good. 

I'm still struggling to get all the protein in that I am supposed to be getting, I just don't really want meat. I usually love salad, and the other day I made one with chicken and I wound up eating around the chicken. 

I have been craving the Tea Room from our home town and my mom said she will try to pick some up for me so when we come visit over spring break I can get it. They are only open 3 hours a day during the week so we are never there in time to get it before they close. 

I'm really looking forward to finding out the gender and making sure everything is healthy. Two weeks until the anatomy scan!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! (Please be patient as I moderate your comment).