Wednesday, July 2, 2014

#SheReadsTruth

The past few months (well, if I'm being honest with my self, really since the end of March-ish) I just haven't been feeling very in-tune with God. I've been slacking on pretty much everything that comes with growing in Christ: reading my bible, praying regularly, etc. When I got my job at my church, which I do love, is when I started to notice it.

I am the Digital Media Producer, which requires me to produce our Sunday morning services. It is my job to make sure, sound, lighting
and lyrics go off without a hitch, which means I am concentrating on every little detail and not getting to worship or really listen to the sermon. I have definitely felt the distance from not being able to do those things. I love worshiping through music, so that really is the part I miss the most.

Anyways, I went searching for something to restart my quiet time with and man, I had some issues. There was just nothing that really stood out or spoke to me. There really isn't a lot that I found for my age and time of life. I may have been looking in the totally wrong spot, so if someone has a great resource for that let me know!

I finally found #SheReadsTruth, this website has been awesome. It is led by a group of Christian women, (pastors review all their devotionals so they are doctrinally sound) and the short devotionals are exactly what I was looking for. Each day they post their devotional for their current series, and they also have an email sign up so it can go straight to your email. It is perfect for me, because I always check my email within an hour or so of waking up and then I can't forget about it. They provide study packs for purchase if you want, but you don't have to have them to do the devotional. I don't use them, but some people love them.

There are writing assignments for each series that you can link up and you get to fellowship with all these other Godly women from all over the world through writing your thought and feelings. It is pretty awesome!

I just finished the study of Ruth through them and I love it. I have a quiet time note book, that I write notes in as I read the passage and then their devotional, and then I like to write my prayers down as well.

I can't say enough good things about this ministry, but God truly provided in my time of need!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! (Please be patient as I moderate your comment).