Monday, June 8, 2015

32 Weeks Pregnant and Midwife Appointment!



I was 32 weeks pregnant on June 1st.

According to thebump.com, the Traffic cone is size of a squash.

The Baby

She is getting ready for her arrival and is likely head-down. 

She is probably feeling cramped, (I know she is, I can't believe we have 8 more weeks.) 

She is around 16.7 in long and weighs around 3.8 lbs. She moves a ton, but has mellowed out from last week which is a nice break for me as she is long and strong. 

The Mama

As for me I am exhausted 99% of the time. This week is the last week of school and I cannot wait to be able to sleep in next week. Field day was on June 3rd and that was exhausting, and took me several days to recover from, even though it was a blast.  

The chiropractor visits have been helping a lot, so now the only pain I have is soreness from my tailbone injury in April of 2014. I am noticing round ligament stretching, but it isn't to painful yet. 

I have shortness of breath very easily, just doing household chores have me breathing hard. I can't wait for her to drop so I can breath again. When I sleep or I am at home I have to support her somehow as she is just so big. At night, when I roll over I can feel her fall to that side. 

I still don't get heartburn all that often, but I do get headaches more often. 

My goals for next week since we will be out of school are to get the office organized and get a dresser for the nursery so I can start to get that in some type of order. 

I'm still checking my blood pressure.

6/2           113/82          AM - Normal
6/3           129/80          AM - Normal
6/3           118/80          AM - Normal
6/4           120/76          AM - Normal

We found out on the 4th that Bobby's company is going to be switching from Blue Cross Blue Shield to Cigna, fortunately his company is great and everything we have paid towards our deductible will be transferred over. Also, luckily, Cigna will still cover the midwives and birth center along with my chiropractor. 

The Midwife Appointment

I went into this appointment worried about my blood pressure, which of course made it elevated. I then sat there for 45 minutes after my appointment time before I went back which made me very frustrated and elevated it even more. Needless to say it was really high when she took it. Luckily, I had my sheet from the last few weeks of me tracking it and the midwife was not worried. She said we would take the blood pressure again at the end of the appointment. 

So we continued with the appointment, the babies heart rate was good and in the 150s and she is head down. I had am measuring right at 32 weeks. She did all this while I was laying down so she decided to take my blood pressure while I was laying down as well. It was 108/76 compared to the beginning when it was 145/95, which is really high, although I was very frustrated at that point. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! (Please be patient as I moderate your comment).