Monday, June 22, 2015

34 Weeks Pregnant and Midwife Appointment!



I was 34 weeks pregnant on June 15th.

According to thebump.com she is the size of a butternut squash.

The Baby

She reacts to simple songs, she loves music and can be guaranteed to move if she hears it. 

She is also urinating about a pint a day. 

She is around 18 in long and weighs around 5 lbs. 

She is very strong, the other night I was laying on my left side on the couch and Bobby had is hand on her because she was wiggling a little bit and all of sudden she kicked me so hard I'm surprised I didn't cry, then she did it again. Bobby could even tell that she kicked really hard, We were both very surprised. 

The Mama

My ankles and feet are still normally swollen by the end of the day, but my blood pressure has been great so still no worries there. 

The chiropractor has really helped my lower back and pelvis so I rarely have pain which is awesome.

She moved her position the other day and all of a sudden got very heavy to the point where it hurt my abdomen to stand unless I was literally holding her up with my hands. It was very uncomfortable, but luckily she moved again and it no longer feels like the baby bump is going to fall off. 

As I said above she has gotten really strong and wiggles almost constantly. Fortunately, she hasn't kicked me that hard again. 

I finally got all the baby stuff we currently have organized and her nursery is almost done. We still have to put up the crib and do a few other things, but hoping to be able to reveal it in a few weeks.

Bobby and I got our Tdap vaccine this week. It is currently on day 3 since we got it and our arms are still sore and mine is still red at the injection point, fun stuff.

I am going to stir crazy at the house by myself all the time, even though I get out at least once a day for chiropractor or midwife appointments. My sister is coming next week to help shop for the rest of the stuff we need for the nursery and baby so I'm looking forward to that.

Bobby and I are also going on a short weekend baby-moon next weekend to Lake Whitney, and I'm pretty excited about that. My cousin lent me some books of one of my favorite authors, Dee Henderson, and I am hoping to get through a couple of those while Bobby fishes. Which makes me think I should get a big sun hat for Target instead of just using my baseball cap.

The Midwife Appointment

The appointment went well, I didn't gain any weight since my last appointment so I have still only gained 28 lbs total. My blood pressure was really high at the beginning again, but when they took it at the end if was perfect. She is measuring right on track and her heart beat was good, in the high 140s/low 150s. My next appointment is July 1st, at 36 weeks. We will go over the birth plan, I will get tested for GBS and we will talk about delivery and such. It is getting so close, can't wait to meet our little girl.

Displaying IMG_20150618_075942.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! (Please be patient as I moderate your comment).