Friday, February 2, 2018

Pregnancy #2: 20 Weeks

I was 20 weeks pregnant on December 19th, which also happened to be our 7 year wedding anniversary. According to thebump.com, the the baby is the size/length of a banana!

The Baby

He's got working taste buds and is gulping down several ounces of fluid each day.

He weighs about 10.2 oz and measures about 6.5 in. He still has a lot of growing to do, but we are halfway there!

The Mama
Still not a whole lot of energy, I think this more because I am working full time and have a 2 year old, and being pregnant on top of that. Plus it has been a pretty emotional busy month for us. I can't wait for Christmas break or for the beginning of the year so I can go see the Chiropractor. Emma still isn't sure what to think, I think that's partially because we just say baby and not brother or sister. 

With Emma I was just now getting into maternity clothes. This baby I have been in maternity pants since about 13 weeks. I think I have gained about 5 lbs or so, which is good. My goal is to not gain more than 20. With Emma I gained 35, but a lot of it was water weight and swelling. Within 24 hours of delivering Emma I was at pre-pregnancy weight and within a few days I was below pre-pregnancy weight. The water retention was due to the pre-eclampsia which I currently have no symptoms of. 

This baby moves a ton, especially at night which does not help the sleeping. Bobby has been able to feel for a while now, but I can get Emma to be still enough to feel the movement. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! (Please be patient as I moderate your comment).