Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Pregnancy #2: 22 Weeks

I was 22 weeks pregnant on January 2nd. According to thebump.com, the he is the size of a Papaya.


The Baby

He is about 10.5 to 11.8 in long and can weight anywhere from 12.7 oz to 20.8 oz. 

Now that he has more developed eyes and lips he looks even more like a newborn.

He is sleeping in cycles, about 12 to 14 hours per day. Which totally explains why I haven't been feeling much movement during the day lately. I feel it mostly at night/evening.

The Mama
This was week two of my Christmas break. Bobby went back to work, which threw Emma for a loop and caused some tantrums as she was used to him being home. I had some good energy this week and was able to start on the nursery. This meant packing up all of Emma's girl stuff since we won't need it for this baby. 


This baby will not have near as much clothing and stuff as Emma did. This is from newborn to 24 months, includes, shoes up to size 6, socks, hats, bows and a few swaddles and blankets. You really don't need all this for a kid, but I think everyone has to learn that on their own with their first child. I was hoping to hand this down to my cousin who is having a baby, but she just found out she is also having a boy so in the attic they go. 

Growing up my brother had three sisters and two girl cousins. No boys anywhere. Poor Emma is about to know how he feels. She has a 10 year old girl cousin, but that age gap is pretty big. She has a 4 year old, 1 year old, 4 month old and one on the way cousin, all boys, plus a brother on the way. 

Weight gain still isn't bad, around 10ish pounds give or take. I am having a lot of trouble finding maternity clothes that fit well and it is starting to make me really frustrated, especially when it comes to work clothes. Feeling better overall. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! (Please be patient as I moderate your comment).