Sunday, February 11, 2018

Pregnancy #2: 25 Weeks

I was 25 weeks pregnant on January  23rd. 

According to thebump.com baby is as big as a head of cauliflower.

The Baby

He now knows which way is up and which way is down and is growing more fat and hair. 

He weighs between 1.5 and 2.5 lbs and is between 13.6 and 14.8 in in length. 

He is kicking up a storm and really moving all the time. Wednesday night I was laying in bed with Emma watching Moana, and Emma was singing the songs. Every time she would start singing he would start moving. It was so sweet. We had our fetal echo this week and you can see those results here. 

The Mama
I started feeling under the weather this week. Emma got a bad cough and gave it to me. I am hoping this is as bad as it gets for both of us. 

I had my chiropractor appointment and it was heavenly to get adjusted. The doctor mentioned that she could tell he was low because of how out of wack my hips were and she wasn't surprised I was uncomfortable. They also showed me the exercises I should do daily. They are the same as the ones I did with Emma but I couldn't remember them all: squats and pelvic sways and tilts on the medicine ball. I need to also start doing the daily exercises on the Spinning Babies website to help keep him head down and just start getting ready. Especially since there is a chance he can come early. 

We have a date for my baby shower that my sister-in-law will be throwing me. March 17th. I am super excited that she offered, as I didn't think I would be having one. However with all the boy babies being born this year in our family I won't be getting as many hand me downs as I thought. A sweet friend from work is giving me some clothes from his son though which I am very thankful for. 

We got the changing dresser moved into the nursery and got Emma some mesh drawers. The goal for this weekend is to get the girl clothes moved to the attic so we can start really organizing and setting up his room. 

Even with the adjustment I can't sleep well because he moves so much during the night. I took half of a unisom one night and that helped a lot, but I don't like taking them every night.

I am having a lot of the same symptoms at this point as I did with Emma, except I can breath this time around because he is really low.

Emma and I both have the crud this week, horrible cough and congestion. Emma ran a fever all weekend, but I'm pretty sure its due to an ear infection so off to the doctor we go on the 29th. The sickness on top of the results of the fetal echo we had have made for a pretty stressful week. 

This week he is the size of a double cheeseburger. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! (Please be patient as I moderate your comment).