Saturday, August 6, 2016

Emma's Twinkle Twinkle Little Star Birthday Party

When I was trying to figure out a theme for Emma's first birthday I went back forth between several different options. I wanted to make sure I picked something that she liked, but that there was no chance of her ever wanting when she was old enough to pick it herself.

Her bedtime song is "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" and the likely hood of her picking this theme down the road is pretty slim so that is what I went with. I of course scoured Pinterest for ideas and this what we wound up doing for invites, decor, food, etc.

For invites I designed my own on PicMonkey, it is super easy to use and then I just had them printed at Walmart and sent them out.


This was the center piece decor over the fireplace. It was streamers and then stars to highlight the them. I got all the decor at Party City. The banner is her monthly pictures from brand new to twelve months. 




I made gift bags for the kids that came to the party and this was the table by the door. 

 This was the front door.
For her cake I made 30 cupcakes with buttercream frosting and then made white chocolate stars with a star mold. The top part is the bottom half of a large cupcake. 



For food we had a veggie tray, ham and cheddar and turkey and pepper jack sandwiches in the shapes of stars; posh piggies, bacon cheese rotel cups, chips and salsa, bacon ranch dip, and watermelon and cantaloupe cut in star shapes. 


This was the drink table: unsweet tea, water, and sparkling strawberry punch. In an ice chest to the side was ice, Dr Pepper and sweet tea. 


I can't believe we have already celebrated her 1st birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! (Please be patient as I moderate your comment).