Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Pregnancy #2: 19 Weeks Pregnant

 I was 19 weeks pregnant on December 12th and according to thebump.com, the baby is the size of a Mango.  

The Baby

The baby is developing the protective coating over its skin called vernix caseosa. It is the greasy white stuff you see after birth. Emma was born with a ton of vernix. The baby is working on its five senses, as the nerve cells begin to develop in the brain. 

The baby is about 6.0 inches in length and 8.5 oz. 

The Mama
We have our anatomy scan this week to make sure baby is healthy. We aren't planning on finding out the gender. A lot of strong movements. Still not a ton of energy, which is not helpful for such a busy time of year. Lost of hip pressure and lower back aching. I will go to the Chiropractor after the first of the year. Emma still isn't sure about the baby and a lot of times says she doesn't want a brother or a sister. I am pretty much out of pre-pregnancy clothes that fit, however non of my maternity clothes from my first pregnancy fit either because I lost 50 lbs before I got pregnant with this baby. Most stores don't have a maternity section on location and you have to order, try on and then return. It is a pain for sure. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! (Please be patient as I moderate your comment).