Monday, January 29, 2018

Pregnancy #2: Old Wive's Tale Gender Reveal


I did this with Emma, so I really want to do it with this baby too. There are a lot of old wive's tales to determine the gender of your baby. I went through some of the more popular ones and according to them this is the gender of our baby.

Heart Rate:

The Theory: if baby's heart rate is above 140 it's a girl, if it's lower it is a boy.

My Results: At both appointments the heart rate was between 160-170

Prediction: Girl

Morning Sickness:

The Theory: The sicker you are, the more likely that it is a girl.

My Results: I was really nauseous from 3.5 weeks until about 17 weeks. 

Prediction: Girl

Where's the Bump:

The Theory: The higher you're carrying, the more chance it is a girl. If it is low, it is a boy.

My Results: Definitely carrying low this time around. Emma was super high. 

Prediction: Boy

Glowing Skin:

The Theory: If your skin is smoother and better than ever, it is a boy. If you are breaking out all over it is a girl. 

My Results: No bad skin issues. Someone even mentioned I was glowing at work. 

Prediction: Boy

Cravings:

The Theory: If you are craving salty and savory stuff it is a boy. If you are craving sweet things, it is a girl. 

My Results: Craving carbs and salty stuff.

Prediction: Boy

Breast Growth:

The Theory: If you chest has exploded in size it means girl. If it hasn't changed all the much it is a boy.

My Results: My chest has exploded for sure. 

Prediction: Girl

Chinese Gender Prediction:

The Theory: You have to consult this chart and by using your age at conception and month of conception come up with the gender. 

My Results: August conception month, 27 years old

Prediction: Girl

Side You Like To Rest On:

The Theory: If you prefer to lay on your left side, it is a boy. If you prefer to lay on your right side, it is a girl.

My Results: I like my left side, but baby moves a ton on this side so it is not super comfortable. 

Prediction: Boy

Baby Names:

The Theory: If you can only think of names for a specific sex, then that is the gender. 

My Results: Bobby won't talk about names, but I have a ton of girl names and not many boy names

Prediction: Girl

Winner: Girl by one. This was right for Emma, we shall see about this baby. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! (Please be patient as I moderate your comment).