Saturday, September 12, 2015

Emma: Nursery Reveal

I spent a ton of time looking at pinterest trying to come up with a theme for her nursery.  I finally just decided on a color scheme with some patterns thrown in. The winner was: navy, white and coral with a little bit of gray here and there. The quilt my Nana made is chevron patterned and then the curtains also have a pattern.

I wanted to be mega organized in her nursery since the room is pretty small. I also wanted to minimize the amount of furniture in there as well. My plan going in was a crip, dresser/changing table, the rocking chair and some place for her books.

I had planned on my making my own closet clothing organizers but then my awesome dept. chair made some for me for my shower.


The best thing about them, besides being super cute, is that I can wipe off the months and rewrite it as she gets bigger and bigger. So far it goes from newborn to 24 months, and with all the clothes we got from my cousin's little girl, Peyton, it is full.

So here is her closet: the clothes that need to be hung, on the top are clothes that will go in her drawers but she doesn't fit in yet and then the black cube shelf as socks, hose, and swaddles.gowns. The opposite side of the closet has diapers and odds and ends. I use d a shoe organizer on the door for her hats, bows and shoes.


The wall that her closet is on we used a cube shelf that we got at Walmart. The top three cubes are used for clothes, onesies/tops, pants and then sleepers. Then we have books and toys. The wall art I made with picmonkey.com and got inspiration from Pinterest. Once I had them how I liked I simply printed them as 8x10s at Walmart and put them in frames. 

The wall perpendicular to the closet is the wall that her crib is on. The crib is from Target and the letters for her name are from Hobby Lobby. For the E I just cut and glued scrapbook paper on it. That is also the quilt my Nana made for her. 
The next wall as her changing table and window on it. There is a dirty clothes hamper in the corner between the crib and the changing table, along with a diaper genie. 

The first shelf of the changing table has wipes, diapers and a basket with things like Destin, a thermometer etc. The boxes are just a diaper and wipes boxed with some fabric hot glued to it. The bottom shelf has a basket with blankets, a basket with burp clothes and some other odds and ends. The picture above it we got from Hobby Lobby along with the fabric for the boxes and the curtains. The rocking chair in the corner was actually my Papa's when he was a boy and has been passed down through the family. The pillow on the rocking chair I made from leftover fabric from the quilt my Nana made. 
The last wall has some of our maternity pictures on it. When I was little my Papa made me a toy chest/bench with my name on it, but it is in storage at my moms. When we get I will repaint it and it will go on this wall under the pictures. 

Then lastly you have the door that has the wreath from my baby shower on it. 

Well there is her nursery, I love it and I can't wait until she is actually old enough to sleep in it, As soon as she will sleep a good 7 to 8 hour stretch at night I think will move her in there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! (Please be patient as I moderate your comment).