Monday, September 14, 2015

Emma: Week 6



Emma's 6th week of life was from September 4th to 10th.

She has been really fussy this week was well and eating a lot more so my guess is growth spurt.

I will say I feel like she is never content. She is either eating, sleeping or crying, I maybe get a total of 15 happy minutes the whole day.

She still is not sleeping well during the day, and I plan on really working on getting her to nap during the day in her crib starting next week. I know once she goes to daycare if she isn't sleeping they probably won't be as diligent in making sure her routine stays in place so the next three weeks that is what we will be working on.

Fighting sleep all day and being exhausted at night is her specialty!

In her watermelon out fit that her GaGa made for her. There is a matching hat and shoes as well. 

Drama Queen!

This is Hope, the midwife that delivered Emma. I had my 6 week postpartum visit this week. My recovery was right on track the first 3 weeks but then it took a turn for the worse, my hemorrhoids got really bad and I was in constant pain no matter what I did. Finally at 5 weeks postpartum I realized that the sitz baths that everyone raved about that I was doing was making them worse, so finally they are almost healed. Also, because of the 5 doses of antibiotics I got while in labor due to being GBS + I got a really bad yeast infection at 5 weeks postpartum and here we are a week later and I still have it a little bit. My bleeding stopped at 3.5 weeks postpartum and then I got my period at 4 weeks postpartum. Now at 6 weeks I am bleed again, I am really just ready to stop bleeding so I can start working out again. The more active I am the more I bleed so I have to be careful on how much I do. Right now I'm limiting it to just walking the block with Emma. 


My mom came up to watch Emma during my doctor appointment, and it is a really good thing she came because Emma had a huge blowout diaper and then screamed for the entire appt. After my appointment we went to the mall so I could get some nursing bras for when I go back to work, so Emma had her first trip to the mall!

Emma has really started liking her baths and now gets one every night as part of her nightly routine. She screams when you take her out, but she would stay in there for a long time if we let her. She does try to turn on her side and drink the water though, so we have to be extra careful that she doesn't roll off of the hammock. 
My favorite time of night is after her bath and her massage when she nurses for the last time. I really like it when she falls asleep nursing but she doesn't do that very often. She is normally still pretty awake when she is done. The nights she does fall asleep I like to just cuddle her for a little while. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! (Please be patient as I moderate your comment).