Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Emma: Week 1



Emma's first week of life was from July 30th to August 5th.

We were discharged from the hospital on Friday, July 31st around 2 or 3 and got home around 4 pm.

My mother-in-law and two of Bobby's siblings went to the house earlier in the day and cleaned it for us, as we left in a hurry to get to the hospital. They also stocked our fridge and pantry with easy to make and freezer meals. We have only eaten one of those meals though because people have brought us so much food!

Aunt Kassie
Our first few nights home were rough as she cluster fed again. We finally decided to feed her every two hours on the dot and that fixed the cluster feeding issue. 


On Sunday my mom and Victoria came over to meet her. We also got our first family picture!


Monday Rachel came and helped us and saw her. Emma also had her follow up appointment from birth. She weighed 6 lbs 14 oz, so she had lost 6% of her birth weight, which is actually really good for breastfed babies. normally they lose way more. We also took her to the chiropractor and that helped a lot with her latch. My milk started came in this day as well. 


Tuesday Bobby went to work for a half day and I had her by myself for the morning. 


We also went outside for a little while that evening and she loved it!




On Wednesday my mom came to stay for three days to help me out while Bobby worked. She also had her first pediatrician appointment. She weighed 7 lb 2 oz, just 4 oz from birth weight and she was now 21 in long. Half of her umbilical cord also fell off at this appointment.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! (Please be patient as I moderate your comment).