Monday, January 19, 2015

12 Weeks Pregnant

I was 12 weeks pregnant on January 12th. I am so close to being out of the 1st trimester, and I cannot wait!

The baby is the size of a plum this week. The average baby is about 2.1 inches long a .49 oz at this point. All the parts are pretty much formed and the main job is to just keep growing.

Most of the critical systems are formed, and the baby is about to enter the growth and maturation stage, where the organs and tissue will grow and develop rapidly. The reflexes are developing and the baby can open and close its fingers curl its toes. The brain is developing really fast as well.

I called my doctor today because of the sleep issues, Bobby and I both need a full night of sleep so we can function. The doctor gave me three different options that I could take to see if they will help. I will try one of them tonight and see if it works.

The dreams are getting more vivid and turning a little raunchy as well, ;). I have really started craving starchy things this week as well. Especially potato soup, which I think I will make tonight assuming I am not super tired after work.

I started throwing up this week. I start coughing so hard that I start gagging which then leads to throwing up. I realized today that it happens exactly 25 min after I brush my teeth. Tomorrow I am going to try to eat something first and then brush my teeth and see what happens. I'm really hoping that is the issue and the throwing up isn't starting 12 weeks in.

I can't wait for my pant extenders to come in so I can expand my wardrobe again, I am down to about two pairs of pants I can wear to work. They should be here by Saturday, hopefully.

I have started to have a pet peeve this week. It is really starting to drive me crazy when people just throw out their opinions left and right, like I haven't done my research and I don't know what I'm talking about. I would never endanger my child, and if the doctor says its ok, I'm going to trust them. I know this will only get worse, but it is driving me crazy this week.

I am really looking forward to getting to the second trimester and getting rid of all this nausea!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! (Please be patient as I moderate your comment).