Thursday, January 29, 2015

13 Weeks Pregnant

I was 13 weeks pregnant on January 19th and the Traffic Cone is the size of a peach!

According to thebump.com, the baby is about 2.9 in long and weighs .81 oz. The the body has also grown so the baby is closer to the right proportions. 

Vocal cords and teeth have started to form, yikes! The baby already has fingerprints and the intestines are moving from the umbilical cord into the tummy.

As for me, my nausea has subsided but the vomiting has increased. If I go more than two hours without eating something, you will find me in the restroom miserably hugging a toilet. Smells are also getting to me. So between throwing up almost every morning, because I never eat breakfast fast enough, the smells of middle school and not eating soon enough after work, the bathroom has been a common place to find me lately.

As far as cravings go, I haven't craved much lately. For me its more that I don't want stuff, such as red meat, the smell really gets to me and I can't handle it.

My clothes are really starting not to fit, I ordered the Belly Button Band, because I had a coupon to get one free and then they had a special buy 1 get 1 for $10. So, I got two, a white and a black. I love it, I can still where my slacks and jeans. I'm thinking these will really help stay in my normal pants for a long time. I'm hoping between these and maxi skirts, they will get me through the school year. Then I can buy some maternity shorts and capris for summer and be good to go. I am going to get some maternity tops though, we got a Target gift card for Christmas that we have been saving for me to use. I'm ok right now, but I'm sure in a month or so that won't be the case.

I'm still not sleeping great, even with the Unisom I wake up at 3 or 4 every morning for a little while. That really puts a kink in my sleep and makes me tired during the day. I have tried staying up later, but I really can't make it past 9 pm. Especially since Bobby has been doing drafting work at night I have no one to keep me up and awake.

Every since we moved into our new house, I have noticed this smell, and I can't figure out what it is. We have changed the air filter but that didn't help, and I know the smell is not helping the vomiting issue. I try to air out the house with open windows as often as possible, but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Well there is week 13!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! (Please be patient as I moderate your comment).