Thursday, January 1, 2015

Surprise!

Well this past weekend (12/6/14) Bobby and I got hit with a huge, but good surprise. We're going to have a baby!!!! It is totally unexpected but we are both thrilled...I freaked out there for a second, but I am great now! Well, besides the constant backache, headache, and nausea, that part is not so great.

I was actually two weeks late, but being being 8 or 9 days late is nothing new for me, and I was cramping all the time so we just figured any day now mother nature would show up at our front door. Bobby actually went hunting in Kansas with his Dad and brother over this weekend, so I found out a day before he did.

I went ahead and took a test, because by that point I was 13 days late and there could possible have been drinking at a Christmas party I was going to go to that night and I just wanted to be safe. I really didn't think it would be positive, but sure enough two little pink lines showed up. I went from excited to freaking out in about .2 seconds.

I knew I didn't want to call and tell Bobby over the phone, so I called my best friend instead and we talked it out. I had to wait over 24 hours before I could tell Bobby, I was constantly asking him when he would be home. I'm sure he was very annoyed. I did tell him in a very cute way, which will cover in another post. I even got it on video.

I found a doctor today and when I called to make an appointment they said that they normally don't do appointments until 10 - 12 weeks, which I thought was kind of late. I would think 8 weeks would be a good time for the first visit. I did tell her that I really just wanted it confirmed before Christmas so she got me in a for a nurse visit where she will do blood work to confirm and we can get all the paperwork taken care of. That appointment will be on December 17th. We would really like to make the announcement to our family's when we are down for Christmas, so I am very grateful that she was able to get us in to confirm.

As of today 12/8/14 I am six weeks and six days pregnant. We are so excited!

Oh yeah, I don't really want to call the baby it, so I told Bobby that we should come up with a name to call the baby. He started throwing out all these things that have to do with engineering and some how we landed on Traffic Cone, so baby G's nickname is Traffic Cone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! (Please be patient as I moderate your comment).